Sreen text size.

geordielad307 17:11 26 Jul 2004

I have been told that it is possible to increase the size of the screen text on my PC.
I don't mean the e-mail text size ... I mean the text you see on any page you call up.
Is this really possible? I have not heard of this before, but have little technical knowledge. Perhaps others would be interested in the answer to this question.
Thanks to any replies.

Stuartli 17:15 26 Jul 2004

Right click on the Desktop>Properties>Appearances>Font sizes.

Chegs ® 17:15 26 Jul 2004

In IE,Tools/Internet Options/Accessabilty,tick the box for "Ignore Font sizes...."To alter the text sizes in Win Explorer,I use a prog called "StylesXP"

Pesala 20:00 26 Jul 2004

The web page text size can be enlarged also from the view menu in Internet Explorer, by selecting View, Text Size, Large, or Largest. A scroll-wheel mouse can also be used to enlarge or reduce the text. However, some websites (like this one) cannot be enlarged in this way. One has to follow the instructions given by Chegs.

The size of the Menu Text in programs and other elements of windows such as dialogue boxes, can be changed in desktop appearance, as Stuartli suggests.

SEASHANTY 20:45 26 Jul 2004

If you download and install the Mozilla Firefox browser you can increase the text size in increments by pressing the CTRL and + key. Each time you do this the text size increases. To decrease again just repeatedly press CTRL and -
keys. Its so easy.

Stuartli 09:30 27 Jul 2004

The one problem with the IE settings is that, if you use Large or Largest, because they also apply to OE printing out e-mails results in giant font sizes being used.

This setting (I always use Medium) can change occasionally for no good reason; if I've printed out an e-mail, two or three sheets of A4 hve come spilling out of the printer and a large amount of ink has gone to waste...:-(

Stuartli 09:30 27 Jul 2004

The one problem with the IE settings is that, if you use Large or Largest, because they also apply to OE printing out e-mails results in giant font sizes being used.

This setting (I always use Medium) can change occasionally for no good reason; if I've printed out an e-mail, two or three sheets of A4 hve come spilling out of the printer and a large amount of ink has gone to waste...:-(

geordielad307 17:48 01 Aug 2004

Many thanks for the Firefox link .... everything I could have hoped for. Thanks for all input from you folk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone