Srange message Re Shell32,DLL

Meshuga 09:35 17 Nov 2007

My pc has just run it`s scheduled AVG free AV scan and has reported "Shell32,DLL Change". It completed the scan and reported " No threats found" and then closed. There was no indication of any action I should take. Do I just ignore this and what does it mean please? My OS is XP home sp2.

Technotiger 09:45 17 Nov 2007

Good morning, you can ignore that, I don't actually know just what it does, but I do know that it is a normal part of windows/avg - avg itself makes the change where necessary, and this is avg just informing you that it has done so. I dunno why the change is/was necessary - but I have seen it many times before with no harm done.

Meshuga 09:48 17 Nov 2007

Technotiger, Good morning. Thank you for the info. I will ignore it and show as resolved.

clock 09:51 17 Nov 2007

Good morning Meshuga, Technotiger,

I had exactly the same reaction when I first saw this warning, - being paranoid about security! Now I just see it is a normal part of the scan.

Clock

Meshuga 09:52 17 Nov 2007

PS, I actually meant that I will ignore the AVG message, not ignore your info, which is how it looks.

Meshuga 09:54 17 Nov 2007

Clock, good morning. Thanks for replying.

birdface 09:58 17 Nov 2007

Launch Avg test center,And then press F3 It gives you a warning just press Ignore or something like that and it will not come up in future scans.

Technotiger 10:13 17 Nov 2007

'Tis ok, I understood first time. Cheers.

Meshuga 14:59 17 Nov 2007

buteman, Many thanks, I didn`t know I could do that. You learn something new every day. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?