a squared free; update and new interface

p;3 19:04 04 Aug 2006

just updated a squared version 2.0 to be presented with a completely different interface ; the program has to be uninstalled and reinstalled on reboot; certainly looks different;

Jackcoms 20:36 04 Aug 2006
  ade.h 21:13 04 Aug 2006

Looks nice. It's come over all user-friendly with big Telly Tubby buttons on the scan menu.

spuds 22:23 04 Aug 2006

Been running this for a few days now. Check for updates, because they have been issued on a daily basis, including a big one.

johndrew 12:05 05 Aug 2006

I was `updated` a few days ago and noted that EMSI have gone more commercial (can`t blame them) but only did my first run yesterday. I`m not sure what has been done but on a full scan A2 now seems to pick up much more than it used to.

It showed up cookies and Adware.Toolbar.AlexaBar.b which I understand is part of IE but gets a fair amount of bad press on a number of sites.

Bit different in many ways.

johndrew 12:28 05 Aug 2006

I should also have said Adware.Toolbar.AlexaBar.b was supposedly removed by SP2 which begs the question of why I find it now. Unless other browsers (Firefox) use it?

spuds 13:16 05 Aug 2006

I found one peculiarity. On the first major scan/run it tripped in the Avast anti-virus with a trojan warning. This trojan was one that I was suppose to have had a couple of months ago, and as now been returned to the Avast chest. False/Positive, not sure?.

p;3 16:40 05 Aug 2006

I have yet to run a full scan, but the brief one I did , yet again picked up my VNC which I know to be OK; I think one perhaps needs to run the scan when the pc is off the internet, all cookies cleared and see then what happens; the interface is certainly a lot different

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?