a squared

Ozy 23:27 23 Aug 2009

a squared looks good,does it include anti virus,
or is it just a malware finder

sunnystaines 23:34 23 Aug 2009

the free one its very good at detection, but prone to false positives, never delete anything it finds unless confirmed by other programs, just quarantine it out of harms way.

read this chart
click here

Snec 23:37 23 Aug 2009

I removed a squared from our machines many moons ago due to too many false positives.

birdface 09:02 24 Aug 2009

Is there any security program out there that is not prone to false positives nowadays.
like sunnystaines says just quarantine anything it finds and if it is a false positive it will repair it at the next or future update.
It will do it automatically so nothing to worry about.
It does say with anti-virus but a watered down version and will not interfere with your usual anti-virus program.
Maybe add Malwarebytes just to use occasionally and your security should be fine.

cocteau48 09:44 24 Aug 2009

Like Snec I am considering removing A Squared from my machine.
I run it once a week and it regularly comes up with a trojan or virus,almost always within a program which has been installed for many months, and which is then quarantined.
As buteman says,come the next definition update,it is invariably found to be a false positive,and the quarantined items are restored to their original location.
MBAM and Superantispyware never throw up the same FP's and it is beginning to be a real,time consuming, annoyance.

Their forum is full of folks chasing false positives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?