A squared 3.0 (Beta) available ...but...

cocteau48 15:53 03 Jun 2007

But.... downloaded and installed from FileHippo - OK - but when I ran the update function it reverted back to version 2.1.
If however you tick the "install beta updates" in the progs configuration settings it updates to version 3.0 and stays there. Have not sussed out the difference yet!

sunny staines 15:55 03 Jun 2007

the tech tab on filehippo does not give much info re improvement for the single home user.

Stuartli 16:16 03 Jun 2007

The beta is not/doesn't seem to be mentioned on the website:

click here

Stuartli 16:17 03 Jun 2007

Sorry, should be:

click here

cocteau48 16:24 03 Jun 2007

"The beta is not/doesn't seem to be mentioned on the website:"
not unusual,I think,for FileHippo and MajorGeeks to be ahead of the game. The last Firefox update was on MajorGeeks before it was on the website.

Coff 16:39 03 Jun 2007

thanks cocteau48 & Coff

Stuartli 17:30 03 Jun 2007

I've pointed this out before, but I suspect that FileHippo and MajorGeeks lift the overnight Betas from the Mozilla website - it's usually a few days before the full version is released, as I mentioned when 2.0.0.4 was on their websites.

birdface 18:57 03 Jun 2007

Hi,Would you install it over the top of existing one,Or would you need to delete normal version and then install Beta version,

cocteau48 19:04 03 Jun 2007

Hi buteman
If you go into the configuration settings(in A squared) and tick the "install beta updates" box and then update as you would for a normal database update then it will update itself to the beta version automatically.
At least it did for me and I did not have to use the download file from FileHippo at all.

birdface 19:14 03 Jun 2007

Ok Thanks mate,Will do it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?