Spywareblaster&System restore

ACOLYTE 13:45 21 May 2010

I'm using spyware blaster with FireFox,and every time
i enable protection it works but if i check again 230 items for FireFox have been disabled and keep having to be re enabled again,i have installed spywareblaster two times but the problem still remains,its like something turning these things off as soon as i enable them.

Another thing and i don't know if they are connected but my system restore keeps going into suspended mode and i cant do anything but stop and start the service to get it to work again,but as soon as i do this and close it,check again its suspended again?.

rawprawn 17:31 21 May 2010

Have you tried running a System File Check? that usually is a cure for wayward system restores, but I don't know about spyware blaster although the two may be connected.

ACOLYTE 13:28 22 May 2010

Srry i didint get back to this earlier,i have not done a file check,i will try one and see what happens.

ACOLYTE 14:18 18 Sep 2010

This was a problem between spybot and spywareblaster,it seems if you install spywareblaster first and immunize then spybot it clears the firefox settings for some reason,solution for me was to take out both apps and install spybot first then immunize and add spywareblaster after.

rawprawn 16:15 18 Sep 2010

Glad your are sorted, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017