SpywareBlaster 4 problem

Salut 14:24 01 May 2008

I noticed earlier today that a number of protected items were not now enabled. I enabled them only to discover this afternoon that they were again not enabled.

The log shows 190 such items as not enabled. I have reset the protection but ask if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I have used SpywareBlaster for some time without problems, the only recent change being the upgrade to AVG 8. This may be only a coincident.

Pleased to see advise from any source.

Stuartli 14:57 01 May 2008

I noticed when I updated SpywareBlaster the other day that IE wasn't being protected, even though I had initiated Enable All Protection.

Doing it manually worked, but it's not satisfactory having to remember to check in future.

cocteau48 15:28 01 May 2008

Salut
It is no coincidence. Avg 8.0 now includes an active antispyware element and there are conflicts between it and other active antispyware programs ...particularly spywareblaster and Spybot S/D (in teatimer mode)
There is a concise outline of what is happening on this thread from the AVG forum
click here

Stuartli 16:20 01 May 2008

I don't use AVG...:-)

cocteau48 16:49 01 May 2008

Stuartli
I would surmise therefore that your issues with spywareblaster cannot be related to AVG but that Salut's ,as they have only arisen since upgrading to AVG 8.0,most likely are.....:-)

VoG II 17:13 01 May 2008

Hmm. I've just checked and IE was unprotected. I don't use AVG.

The Kestrel 17:17 01 May 2008

I have both AVG 8 (Free version) and the latest version of spywareblaster and have had not had this problem arise when downloading updates. My OS is Vista Home Premium, I don't know if this is a factor.

Simsy 17:19 01 May 2008

I considered changing to Avast...

However, when going to download Avast I notice that it too has an antispyware feature so perhaps has the same issues as AGV?

Regards,

Simsy

SB23 17:41 01 May 2008

I'm using Avast with SpywareBlaster, and don't have any of these issues.

bluto1 18:48 01 May 2008

I, too, use Avast and Spywareblaster with noproblems.

Salut 18:49 01 May 2008

I am relieved that I am not alone!

The link provided by cocteau48 has also provided an insight as to why the AVG 8 items I deleted earlier have reappearred in spite of my disabling Sytem restore.

Would I be correct in suggesting that it might be better to run with just AVG 8, rather than be concerned with the original enable/disabled SpywareBlaster query?

Or is there an alternative antispyware to work alongside AVG 8 that is compatable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone