SpyWare www.fooled.net/ & www.wowsearch.org

gas2000 20:14 28 Feb 2003

Have any users experienced either "click here" or "click here" appearing in their IE browser, and which they can't get rid of? I enquired re both of these using my search engine, and they are both basically spy-ware. What's worse, when I try downloading a free utility which claims to get rid of them, it won't download, almost as if these intrusive web-pages contained software which deliberately prevented such action! What's worse, on one of the links found by the search engine led me directly to web-pages which used the worst emotional blackmail I've ever come across, such as "Would you like your boss, wife or children to know?" and so on. This
web-site then led the user to a form which could be filled in, and would purchase suitable software which claimed to remove it at a cost of around US$100-00! How low can some companies get? I would welcome advice on the removal of these items.

gas2000.

======================

VoG™ 21:38 28 Feb 2003

Try these: AdAware click here AND SpyBGot click here

obbit 21:53 28 Feb 2003

when you get rid of them download spyware blaster click here

gas2000 01:50 01 Mar 2003

To: "VoG".....Thanks, but I already have AdAware which yesterday I used several times, but as soon as I got online again, back came these two web-addresses like the "Terrible Twins"! Also, due to this I found it impossible to download any anti-spyware, including SpyBGot: I've never before encountered such stubborn and persistent SpyWare!

To "obbit".....Thanks to you too, but my computer crashed at the very momment I was about to download spyware blaster. This resulted in the above two web-addresses appearing again, and I had to again run AdAware. This then allowed me to download it; I found it impossible with these two "Terrible Twins" invading my system. All I have to do now is monitor the situation, and see whether spyware blaster does its job!

gas2000.

=======================

muppetmark 09:28 01 Mar 2003

have a look click here for further tips and assistance

Terrahawk 10:33 01 Mar 2003

have you tried deleting cookies and clearing history.if you have your details kept by sites eg passwords make a note of them before doing it

gas2000 11:50 01 Mar 2003

Hello muppetmark!

I have just finished downloading SpyBot. Is this any better than AdpAware whihc I already have installed? Anyway, I'll report back on the progress if any, but I still haven't licked it yet, and only today yet another web-site address added to the two I have already mentioned, I don't know why all this is happening now. Meantime, thanks for your help.

gas2000.

=======================

Hello Terrahawk!

Yes, I've tried all that you've suggested and probably more, and my computer should be totally clean, but as soon as I think I've got rid of these SpyWare items, they seem to return in no time at all, and all my IE browser settings seem to be changed, and I cannot get them to settle back. But I have yet to run the SpyBot software, so I'll see how I get on with that before saying anything else.

gas2000.

=========================

gas2000 11:30 02 Mar 2003

TO all who took the trouble to assist me in this problem, especially "Muppetmark":

Many thanks for your help! I have managed to cure the problem using SpyBot_S&D. Not only is my system back to normal, but some other problems I had (probably due to the spyware changing my IE settings) have mysteriously been fixed! I've been offered advice on some problems before, but none as valuable as this, and I can thoroughly recommend the use of SkyBot_O&D to all users; in fact, I would go as far as to say it should be permanently installed on everyone's computer!

gas2000
====================

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017