spyware warning plus cant go to add/remove prog

anderson1967 13:03 28 Sep 2008

i have my nephews p.c here and as i say there is a spyware warning on the desktop.Also when i tried to put on panda antivirus it said no because there was an old 2005 version of norton on and that had to be removed so i tried to go into add remove programs and the p.c said no system administrator wont allow access. So i them went into the registry to try to remove norton that way but could not delete 3 keys of norton so its still saying i have it on p.c and cant install new antivirus program.I did manage to put my broadband on the p.c and have downloaded malwarebytes and have done a scan and removed the virus/malware it found and the warning is still there after i restarted so i am now going to run another scan.Any suggestions on how i get past the norton removal and the system administrater problem would be very welcome as im stuck on that one.

VoG II 13:07 28 Sep 2008

Try click here=

mfletch 13:08 28 Sep 2008

Use Norton removal tool

click here

Clean out all cookies and temp Internet files and run Malwarebytes again

Use ATF to clean temp files etc

click here

anderson1967 13:37 28 Sep 2008

ok tried to open norton removal tool page but internet explorer cant open it i have downloadd registry mechanic.

anderson1967 13:41 28 Sep 2008

Registry mechanic wants me to register to repair and as i dont have credit cards of money to pay for it i need something that is free to fix.

VoG II 13:47 28 Sep 2008
  anderson1967 14:05 28 Sep 2008

Vog
it wont download it says not a valid win32 application.

brundle 14:14 28 Sep 2008

Get this; click here

Update and scan, run the repairs under Preferences/Repairs. Includes removing Admin restrictions and access to control panel. Registry cleaning is no use when you have malware on the machine. Get rid of it first.

brundle 14:18 28 Sep 2008

And use CCleaner / Tools to access add/remove programs click here

anderson1967 15:40 28 Sep 2008

I downloaded superantispyware and ccleaner and this has sorted the spyware warning on desktop and ccleaner sorted out some of the add remove programs but not norton.I am still not able to get into the add remove programs due to this system administrator that wont allow access so suggestions on what to do to sort this out would be good.

Sea Urchin 15:46 28 Sep 2008

Suggest you now try again to download the Norton Removal Tool

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?