spyware terminator and others.(conflicts)?

Sparkly 17:40 01 Apr 2007

Hi all i have just downloaded spyware terminator free version can anyone tell me if it will conflict with othe progs i am running? I have NIS 2006,Spybot,Ad-aware SE Personal or is it overkill i know you cant be to carefull but allso noticed that different software seems to find some things that another does not.
Thanks in advance

Stuartli 17:42 01 Apr 2007

Never did in my case. However, I removed it after only a few days use in favour of SUPERAntiSpyware.

skidzy 17:48 01 Apr 2007

Do you have the paid version of Superantispy as this does not offer realtime protection under the free version.

I use Spywareterminator on 2 machines with no problems to date.

Stuartli 17:56 01 Apr 2007

No with regard to the pay version.

I just got a bit fed up with Sypware Terminator's Microsoft AntiSpyware emulation of needing every installation or slight change to be Allowed or Refused...:-)

I don't install programs, applications or whatever for other than a good reason.

skidzy 18:24 01 Apr 2007

I agree Stu,Spywareterminator can be a little tedious just like Winpatrol with its allow and deny procedure..however i do find it handy and monitors your system changes,especially if you try various piece's of software etc.

Sparkly 08:54 02 Apr 2007

Thanks guys i'll give it a go.

Belatucadrus 11:06 02 Apr 2007

The shield part of Spyware Terminator is highly configurable, it can indeed be a bit tedious when installing new software, particularly if you have all the check boxes ticked. But a bit of experimentation should get to a balance that suits a user.
Me I've ticked everything and put up with the notification pop ups.
As to clashes, no never had any problems with it and Defender, Spybot or SuperAtnispyware. Though most of those have been removed as I got more confident in ST.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?