spyware security so much needed

johnnyrocker 01:17 14 Apr 2004

i have on board adaware/spybot/spyware blaster/spysweep and it seems i still cannot keep up with all that keeps coming in lately as fast as you update one it finds stuff the updated one run before missed and so it goes on across the four items i have, where will it end and i fear for people without some forms of protection like a colleague i visited last week who was complaining of hundreds of e mails at a time, d/loaded the usual and , adaware found 96/spybot 150 and spysweep a further 86, since when his mailbox has dropped dramatically what a surprise!!
johnny.

Gaz 25 01:34 14 Apr 2004

I know... This is the aim click here

However though this will hopefully be a full suite to do everything all them apps put together. It is difficult for me to make, and I might be getting some programmers soon to help finalise how far I have got with the GUI.

I know what you mean...

Stay safe!

Regards.,
Gareth

Gaz 25 01:36 14 Apr 2004

The aim is = 1 update for Spyware, Virus, Hacker, Dialer, Malware, Content security in one daily auto update.

hugh-265156 01:39 14 Apr 2004

yes indeede

i also use adaware/spybot/spyware blaster along with avg and so far,touch wood all has been fine.

there has been a few hiccups along the way,most when i just got my first computer and thankfully i found this forum to guide me. nobody had informed me about the hazards involved with going online and how to keep safe.i just clicked willy nilly and suffered the consequences.

surely retailers have a responsability? if not who?

you do need a driving license to drive a car but anybody can get a computer,go online,get infected and in turn infect all your contacts who in turn......

nightmare!!

hugh-265156 01:44 14 Apr 2004

hey Gaz 25 hows it going?

have not seen you about in a while.been busy?

johnnyrocker 01:47 14 Apr 2004

it seems to be an av idea or have i got it wrong and it will eventually encompass spyware/trojans?
johnny.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:31 14 Apr 2004

You have more than enough 'protection'. The vast majority of spyware will NOT harm a computer and is easily removed. A quick clean once a fortnight will be more than enough. I sense angst but much of this is perception only. I assume that your computer has not blown up, been taken over by hackers or that you have become a Steve Gibson fanboy ;-))...you are OK.

G

johnnyrocker 11:00 14 Apr 2004

i accept those points but quite honestly once a fortnight is too little, lately i appear to need to do it every other day, and yes my pc has not blown up this time but did two months ago.

johnnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?