Spyware Problems

ventanas 09:02 08 Sep 2004

After offspring had been using my home machine I had some problems with spyware at the weekend, which I thought I had fixed, but soon had cause for doubt. A scan with Pestpatrol produced some dubious results, so I tried the free version of this click here It discovered two trojans, one toolbar and one phisher, which I am now confident have been destroyed. I just wondered if anyone has used this program, and is it worth paying the subscription for ($29.95 per year) as the usual freebies failed to find these things.

Needless to say offspring's account has now been removed. I wouldn't mind but he's got his own laptop which cost me a grand.

Old Shep 09:10 08 Sep 2004

Have you tried Spywarebalster - its free - probably does the same job (I hope) as I have it.

Old Shep 09:11 08 Sep 2004

Sorry forgot click here

ventanas 09:13 08 Sep 2004

I've got all the usual freebies, including Spywareblaster. They didn't stop or find these.

rawprawn 09:53 08 Sep 2004

I have used webroot products before, and found them very good. Although I haven't used this particulAR ONE.

spuds 10:58 08 Sep 2004

I use Webroot Spy Sweeper, and it seems to do the business. PCWorld have it in stock, and it was recently available for £19.95 on special offer, but believe it as now gone up to £29.95.

Would suggest that you use the trial version before you decide and pay.

ventanas 11:59 08 Sep 2004

Rawprawn and Spuds, thanks very much. I have decided to buy it. It does seem much more capable than the free programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?