Spyware Notifier.exe

jules52 14:08 15 Mar 2006

A rather annoying pop up with a file name notifier.exe when on line that I cant get rid of unless I control-alt-del and remove it manually from windows task manager for it only to pop up again a few mins later. Its driving the family nuts. I've tried running spybot that doesn't recognise it as being there. I also run avanti av but same story there also. Heeeeelp pleeze anyone.

johnnyrocker 14:12 15 Mar 2006

are you sure you dont have windows messenger running ( not to be confused with msn messenger)

johnny.

remind 14:19 15 Mar 2006

Windows Messenger is a service, it won't show up as an executable in task manager.
When the file pops up run this instead of task manager (click here) to find out where the file is located on your system, then delete it.

jules52 14:19 15 Mar 2006

Thanks for the reply but no

johnnyrocker 14:22 15 Mar 2006

oops missed the exe bit;)) (was concentrating on the message pop up bit)

johnny.

jules52 15:03 15 Mar 2006

I have deleted as far as I am aware but up it pops again. Just to let you all know exactly what it says - Movieland 3 day trial period has expired and as I apparently agreed to their terms and conditions I am now obligated to pay my subscription. Funny one that as at the time and day all this happened I was away from my house. I must have done it by esp!!!

€dstowe 15:12 15 Mar 2006

Movieland is spyware/malware. Try a scan with ewido
click here

or with a² click here

jules52 15:49 15 Mar 2006

Thanx very much have downloaded and run the programme and hopefully everything will be ok. Very much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone