spyware malware virus problem

wobbler 13:05 07 Jun 2009

When trying to access the internet i keep getting redirected to various web sites. I cannot run a scan using mcafee neither can i run system restore. I have downloaded spyware doctor but cant run that either. I have booted into safe mode but still cant do anything - any ideas how to get my system back? Windows XP.

birdface 13:12 07 Jun 2009

Download and run this pay for program.30 day trial and it will remove anything that it finds.
If it asks for payment ignore it and continue with the scan.

click here

Even if it does not clean your computer completely it will let you update and run your own security programs.

wobbler 13:15 07 Jun 2009

Although i can access that website I cannot download the programme, I get Page cannot be displayed

Halmer 13:18 07 Jun 2009
  birdface 13:35 07 Jun 2009

Not sure what is best.Maybe get someone to download it on to a disk or CD for you to try.

If you have Messenger Plus downloaded on your computer maybe remove that.

Or maybe your host file is corrupt maybe see if you can download and run this.click here

Trojan Remover would have got your computer running better.So if you can think of another way to get it downloaded I would try it.

mfletch 13:58 07 Jun 2009

Goto this site and download the free version,

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

BUT rename the download rabbits foot.exe then download it

baldydave 14:29 07 Jun 2009

Hi,
as mfletch says use malwarebytes make sure it is updated.
You may need to download this on another pc as this malware may block access to the website.
Download on another pc/right click and rename file/burn to cd or put on usb stick/launch malwarebytes.
I am fixing a pc now which is exactly the same as yours wobbler

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017