Spyware and Firefox 2.0

longbelly 13:03 19 Nov 2006

Since I have been using Firefox my Ad-Aware SE programme has picked up very little in the way of spyware etc. I assume this is not surprising as I don't think Ad-Aware works with Firefox.

I am concerned to have full protection (I have Norton Internet Security 2005 installed) from spyware and wonder what additional programme I should use?

aca 13:17 19 Nov 2006

longbelly

you will get less spyware with Firefox compared to IE. I too am using FF 2.0 with Adaware and seems to work ok. (unless my clear results are evidence that it doesnt work rather than my PC being clean)

For prevention I use Spywareblaster which is FOC and is highly regarded on this forum.

Stuartli 13:29 19 Nov 2006

Also Search and Destroy, which works well in company with Ad-Aware.

However, you may eventually be building up to possible paranoia if you keep installing so many levels of protection on top of Norton..:-)

I just use S and D, AdAware, SpywareBlaster and Avast! (anti-virus) and ensure that the first three are regularly updated as and when necessary (Avast! updates itself).

Stuartli 13:29 19 Nov 2006

I also use Firefox.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:36 19 Nov 2006

Adaware works fine with Firefox 2

You will get much less spyware with FF2 but if you want to test Adaware my daughter can tell you which shopping sites install tracking cookies (i have to clean regular after she has been on the net :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?