spyware!! confused

noddy_2121 14:54 22 Sep 2008

Hi all,

i am using windows vista and i have got a problem that has really confused me.

I get a large windows / message appearing as soon as i log on saying "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer, install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer".

I have used windows defender and ad-aware to check for infection, two infections were found and removed, however when i reboot the message re appears!! it looks like this is not a real window it is actually an image on the desktop background, but when i put my own image back as the dekstop background this warning message appears on a reboot.

Can anyone help me please?

cheers

DippyGirl 15:09 22 Sep 2008

Any specifics of what was found?
In the meantime try the following
Malwarebytes Anti-malware click here
SUPERAntispyware click here
Both free
Download/install/get latest updates/run (one at a time) in Safe Mode

rawprawn 15:22 22 Sep 2008

How to stop Vista Antivirus 2008 processes:

1. Click the Start menu, select Run.
2. Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys ALT + CTRL + DELETE or CTRL + Shift + ESC.
3. Click Processes tab, and find Vista Antivirus 2008 processes.
4. Once you’ve found the Vista Antivirus 2008 processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill Vista Antivirus 2008. I would also recomend running superantispyware in safe mode., good luck with your problam.,

noddy_2121 15:35 22 Sep 2008

thank you for your help, the software you have suggested has deteced 25 items and it hasnt even finished scanning!

thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone