Spyware/ Antivermins

Bonynge 10:52 28 Jan 2007

I am continuously getting a spyware alert pop up telling me i have this that and the other problem, it is an American co selling some stuff called Antivermins and various other products all doing the same thing and one of the windows is made to look like it,s an XP window, but it aint. I can't get rid of the damn thing and Mcafee does not seem to block it niether does Aol. HELP i am getting so *[email protected]:ed off I might go and buy a Mac

howard64 11:02 28 Jan 2007

the cover dvd a few issues back had a free copy of cccleaner on it or you can download it for free. The second tab down called issues allow you to uninstall progs and this will do a good job for you.

Bonynge 11:20 28 Jan 2007

HELP

rawprawn 11:25 28 Jan 2007
  johndrew 11:30 28 Jan 2007

Have you tried Spybot click here

gudgulf 11:47 28 Jan 2007

SuperAntispyware should be able to remove this.

The free version is at click here

I think the links that rawprawn has posted will only scan for free....pay to remove.

Bonynge 12:43 28 Jan 2007

Thanks everyone, Spybot seems to have done the job, thanks a million

johndrew 16:21 28 Jan 2007

In my opinion Spybot is a bit underestimated because it has been around a while. However, as in this case, I have found it to `save the day` when other, newer anti-malware fails.

gudgulf 16:37 28 Jan 2007

I agree.

Spybot S&D has had some major improvements recently....like lots of the rogue antimalware programs added to its definitions.

It's also worth having for it's wide range of other tools (available in the advanced mode options) for controlling start up items and BHOs etc etc.

Not to mention its immunisation feature (similar to SpywareBlaster) and Hosts file blocking of malware.

And...if you can decipher and put up with the pop up warnings a good real time registry protector in the form of TeaTimer.

All in all well worth having....all the more so because it is completely free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?