spyware @ adware

BREEN 14:45 23 Jan 2007

I run xp with Norton Internet Security 2007.
All my definitions are up to dae My fire wall is in place.A full scan by norton assures me that all is well.

Except

I keep ggetting a crital system warniing saying my internet is runing slow and I need to download software to correct the problems.I also keep getting pop up saying that I have a trojan and sho should download one of the following programs to so solve the problem.

system doctor
antivirusglden
virus blasst
It driving me mad.
How did they beat my firewall and why cant norton help me

Any advice gratfully received.

spuds 14:50 23 Jan 2007

Sounds to me that you may have a programe giving fake/negatives that's trying to scare you into making a purchase. Have you run any other checks besides Norton?.

terryf 14:57 23 Jan 2007

Try the panda on-line scan (IE only)

cycoze 15:11 23 Jan 2007

sounds like you have got something like Spy Falcon onboard, would suggest you go to this site click here who will be able to help you track down and remove the offender.

BREEN 15:13 23 Jan 2007

Hi spuds.

I scanned with norton If this is adware why cant norton detect it. I thought I was doing everything right It keeps poping up while I am trying to type this note.

BREEN 15:15 23 Jan 2007

Another point I use IE7

BREEN 15:17 23 Jan 2007

i USE IE7 TO BLOCK POP UPHOW THIS ONE GOT THROUGH

johnnyrocker 15:18 23 Jan 2007

is it in a grey box? ie windows messenger?

johnny.

BREEN 15:34 23 Jan 2007

hI jOHNNYROCKER

yES ALSO COMES IN A FULL COLOUR DISPLAY NOT UNLIKE A NORTON MESSAGE

gudgulf 15:37 23 Jan 2007
  cycoze 16:31 23 Jan 2007

This is on your system so a IE7 would not block it as a web popup, it is not the same thing.

There are many different ways to get this sort of thing onboard, see click here for an explanation, it is written by Tony Klien and is hosted on many anti spyware/malware sites.

If you look at gudulf`s link you will see images of the various screens/popups that can occur from the different infections of SPYWAREQUAKE / SPYFALCON / SPYAXE / TITAN SHIELD / SMITFRAUD , possibly yours is there.

I suggested going to click here as they can help with removal (gudulf`s link has removal tools) and they can check for other infections at the same time, they will also advise on updating/adding to your existing security, the links above also advise on this too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?