Spysweeper latest update.

prince midas 16:21 17 Oct 2008

I am a registered subscriber to Spysweeper.
My version according to Webroot 5.81.55 is out of date and they tell me to update to version 6.0.2.22 but when I click on it it tell me the link is incorrect and I should go to the Webroot site which I do and when I download the supposed latest version it is my version 5.8.1.55.

When I go to the forum of Webroot it offers a download version of 6.0.2.22 but tells me when I try to install it that it will lose my current remaining subscription time as I have the correct version.What is happening here.

birdface 16:34 17 Oct 2008

Maybe you have to fill this in first.click here

prince midas 17:45 17 Oct 2008

Buteman I have already filled in this form and had a fresh reply from Spysweeper in the last ten minutes but in both cases they have sent me a download for my existing version not the new version 6.

birdface 19:09 17 Oct 2008

All I can think of is to remove Spysweeper then run C Cleaner and then download the new version then add the keycode.If it does not work you could always download and run A Squared free.Every bit as good as Spysweeper if not better.maybe e-mail them and see what the problem is.

prince midas 11:01 18 Oct 2008

What is so annoying is the Webroot send me an Email and tell me to download the supposed update and enclosed in the Email is a note that I must click on it to check that it is fitted with the latest Version Guard which is supposed to protect from errors of sending the wrong version.

So I download the file from them and what do I get the old version as before. Are the going nuts.

birdface 11:10 18 Oct 2008

Going with the lack of response I can only think that not many use this program.Maybe try contacting them direct. click here

birdface 11:17 18 Oct 2008

Looks like they were off the air for about 3 hours yesterday.Maybe try to-morrow or early morning when less busy.click here

prince midas 11:35 18 Oct 2008

Have decided to wait for a while until new version 6 comes available everywhere,thanks Buteman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017