spykiller

briandy 14:37 21 Jun 2004

I have downloaded Spykiller but how do I get rid of it? I have used Spykiller's uninstall option and also XP Add/Remove programs but it is a persistant little program and refuses to uninstall. Alternatively how do I stop it automatically loading at boot up?

inneedofhelp 14:40 21 Jun 2004

not sure about uninstalling it however to stop it loading up, in the Run command in the start menu, type msconfig, go to the startup tab and uncheck the program.

rawprawn 15:23 21 Jun 2004

To get rid of it completely, use regedit. Go to Start/run/type regedit/OK. Make sure My Computer is highlighted. Go to Edit, click Find, and type the name of the program in this case Spykiller, click find next when it finds an entry delete it, then click find next and do the same until it doesn't find any more. Do not touch anything else in the registry and make a backup before you start (In the registry click File, click Export, select a place you know you can find "My Docoments" for EG and OK. You can restore this at any time by going to the saved file and double clicking on it).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?