Spybot S&S update problem

Edward-207256 20:19 17 Oct 2005

i tried to update S&S with the latest update - detection rules.
It downloaded it, but then came up with the message at the side of the download:

!!! bad checksum !

any ideas why??

Regards

splork 20:25 17 Oct 2005

Sometimes happens, interruption in the download, any number of causes. Just pick another server and download again.

Edward-207256 20:29 17 Oct 2005

problem persists, but i am re-installing windows xp at a later date, that should solve the problem, cheer Splork

splork 20:32 17 Oct 2005

You can download and install them yourself if it keeps happening, scroll a page or so down the main Spybot website page click here

heidelberg 20:33 17 Oct 2005

Have not successfully updated Spybot S&D for about 6 weeks now and received the !!!bad checksum ! message. I have tried all servers many times - still no success. All very irritating

I am looking for an alternative - any suggestions?

Dave

Edward-207256 20:35 17 Oct 2005

Cheers splork

heidelberg 20:40 17 Oct 2005

Splork

Tried downloading from website several times with very limited success.

I feel it has become a very unsatisfactory product because of this problem.

Once again any alternatives?

Dave

Stuartli 00:24 18 Oct 2005

Keep persevering and trying different websites - it will resolve itself.

Frustrating but always in the first stages of new updates being posted.

Tenacious Green 10:29 18 Oct 2005

I have noticed that if you leave it a few days after new update it works fine as Stuartli suggests.

I read an article recently suggesting Spybot and Ad-aware are falling behind some of their free competetors. I am considering some changes. Seems Microsoft Anti-spyware is the best choice.

Lettervanman 12:20 18 Oct 2005

Last time I had a problem I had to download newest version,but I have latest version at present.
I had the same checksum error so tried update with Norton I.S. switched off! Yes I know that's dangerous! Point is,download worked o.k. I have never had this problem before and S&D is in my allow list in Norton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?