Spybot search and destroy -Runs slowly and freezes

alternator 14:44 11 Aug 2007

Can anyone suggest why when I run Spybot search and destroy it runs pretty slowly it takes approx 5mins to get to 6952/75905 Cool WWW search then it just stops if I click on the stop and try and exit it registers as an unresponding program. It used to run fine, but I have been away for a couple of month and the family have been on the computer, so I am not sure if anything has been changed
I am running XP fully updated, AVG virus checker fully updated and the latest virus scan found no problems.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same result
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dfh 15:28 11 Aug 2007

I dont know if this helps but have a look here click here

alternator 15:50 11 Aug 2007

nm

alternator 18:10 11 Aug 2007

Tried running Adaware and a squared in safe mode them the same for Spybot, but the sympatoms were the same an it froze in the same spot on the scan. 6952/75905 and was still very slow

dfh 18:59 11 Aug 2007

Sorry the link was of no help, I was thinking along the lines that you may have had a HT processor set-up as referred to in the last post of my link.
My only other suggestion would be to look around their forum for a possible solution.

alternator 22:15 11 Aug 2007

Thanks Marg7 I already ran CWShredder it picked up a copy of click here search and removed it but I am afraid that didn't help. By the look of the website it is not an uncommon problem. I will keep trying and will post back if I have any more luck.
Cheers all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?