SPYBOT SEARCH

Toria 20:11 16 Oct 2006

I have been doing a SPYBOT SEARCH for a little while, it clears all of the problems buying one. When I click on the plus sign the error is this:
HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YourSiteBar.

The other error is:
Internal Error 2753.ADBZ.EXE.

How do I get rid of these errors?

VoG II 20:17 16 Oct 2006
  Toria 21:12 16 Oct 2006

I did the click and I think I downloaded a toolbar but I could not get it to work, it just froze on the screen, what do I do now?

Toria 06:26 17 Oct 2006

I must be doing something wrong, I just can't get to grips with the toolbarcop, it just sits on the screen, it has one line highlighted, but I cannot move up or down the rows. When I clicked on the Download it just came up on the screen as the toolbarcop page, so I don't know what to do now.

Toria 17:15 17 Oct 2006

Hi again, is there any other way that I can delete this from SPYBOT SEARCH. It comes up ISearchTech.YSB, click on plus sign and it reads HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YourSiteBar.

brundle 17:21 17 Oct 2006

click here
or
delete the entry manually from the registry (use spybot to back up your registry first)
or
scan with avg antispyware click here

Toria 18:21 17 Oct 2006

Can you tell me how to delete it manually? I am not an experienced computer user, so is it fairly easy to do? Plain and easy description please.....! I don't would not like to end up messing the computer (laptop) up completely!

Toria 08:58 21 Oct 2006

I have done a scan with avg anitspyware but unfortunately it still have not removed it. It first comes up with ISearchTech.YSB, then when I click on the plus sign it reads HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\YourSiteBar, even after a reboot from SPYBOOT, it is still there, can you give me any other advice.

brundle 10:07 21 Oct 2006

Set a system restore point (Start Menu/All Programs/Acessories/System Tools/System Restore).

then go to Start menu/Run, type `regedit` minus the quotes, press return

Either locate the entry manually by moving through the lists (click on the small + signs to expand the listing) or highlight "HKEY LOCAL MACHINE` , press F3 and do a search for `YourSiteBar`. When you find the key you mentioned, highlight it, select Export and save it to your hard drive just in case, then delete it (the one in the registry, not the back up).
Only delete the entry you have been notified of, you will do no harm then.
Rescan with Spybot or AVG.

Toria 17:29 21 Oct 2006

I have just done the restore on my computer, but before I go any further, when select Export and save it to the hard drive, is there any particular folder that I need to save it to?

VoG II 17:36 21 Oct 2006

Save it to the Desktop - you'll easily find it then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone