SpyBot S&D

Bald Eagle 07:08 04 Jan 2008

Can anyone recommend something as good as this? I'm getting mightily teed off with it. It now takes up to 6 or more attempts to launch it. On my latest update attempt it now states I need administrative rights to use the immunize feature. I go to an account with admin rights but it only immunizes the computer for that account not the day to day account I use. It has only just started doing this and personally I don't need the aggro.I now have ~50,000 not immunised and ~30,000 immunised.

BE

rawprawn 07:55 04 Jan 2008

SuperAntispyware
click here

A Squared

click here

rawprawn 07:56 04 Jan 2008

To use Admin Rights, when you open it right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator" in the context menu.

sunny staines 08:40 04 Jan 2008

go with rawprawn those ones are better

Probabilitydrive 08:46 04 Jan 2008

Alternatively, download this Beta Version click here
which has addressed the sluggish opening times. You still need to use rawprawns steps to immunize though.

birdface 09:20 04 Jan 2008

Spybot finds nothing on my computer since downloading it about 3 months ago.I would go for A Squared it has 3 different scans that you can run.1st takes about 5 minutes 2nd takes about 20 minutes and the full scan takes over an hour.I use the first scan most days the 2nd scan once a week and the full scan once a month.And its free.

Bald Eagle 10:16 04 Jan 2008

Tried SuperAntispyware and I'm very impressed. Already use A Squared on my other computer and found it took forever to scan, will remove and install SuperA.

BE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017