Spybot S & D 1.4 Crashes.

bretsky 14:34 27 Jun 2005

Hi folks, The problem has been sorted but if you read on I will explain.

Having 1.3 installed on my PC, I upgraded to version 1.4 on 02/06/2005 and successfully installed it and ran it and did a system scan with no problems, then a couple of weeks ago I downloaded the latest definition rules and a couple of days after that decided to do a scan where upon Spybot got about 1/4 way though and the PC decided to reboot itself, when windows reloaded a window can up saying that it had just recovered from a serious error.

Clicking on the blue link in the error message box to get an explanation, it said something like C:\windows\username\Temp folder~xxxx\minidump.sysdata...........or something along those lines.

Minidump is a file that describes why the PC crashed and you can send to M/S if you so wish.

So today(some three weeks later) I cleaned out all temp folders and files, I have a program that will delete selected temp folders/files before programs load at start up. Ran Spybot again, and again same thing, it crashed!

Without any further ado, I uninstalled 1.4 and then did a registry clean with Reg Mechanic and then installed 1.3 from Aug 2005 DVD, got all the updates from the net and have done about 6 scans with no problems what so ever.

Have scanned PC with Spybot online/offline, with Counterspy enabled/disabled all with no problems, and PC came up clean.

I know some people have had problems with the 1.4 version with GUI registry/tea timer problems, maybe the last set of definition rules I downloaded were corrupt...who knows???

But for now, I will stick with 1.3
Please reply so I can give this a green tick.

bretsky ;0)

zarobian 14:45 27 Jun 2005

Thanks for the info will keep an eye on 1.4 version.
You can now close this link if you wish so.

bretsky 14:51 27 Jun 2005

Thanx for the reply, just completed another Spybot scan........All clear!

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 17:46 28 Jun 2005

I'll bump this, just in case you missed it.
Just done another scan whilst on the net....all clear.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?