Spybot problem

greywwolf 21:14 24 Nov 2004

Hi,
I`ve just installed the latest freeware version of Spybot but I`m having problems. Every time I run "fix problems" the damn thing hangs, just freezes. Any way to fix this problem or should I uninstall and choose some other spyware program to complement Adaware?

Regards,
Greywolf.

Diodorus Siculus 21:20 24 Nov 2004

Have you tried running in safe-mode?

greywwolf 20:27 25 Nov 2004

I can find "default mode" and "advanced mode" but not "safe mode". Can anyone advise?
Regards,
Greywolf

Jackcoms 21:03 25 Nov 2004

greywwolf

'Safe Mode' refers to starting the computer in safe mode! There is no such thing in Spybot. click here

usbuser 22:08 25 Nov 2004

I was having the same problem? It looked like there was nothing happening except bottom left of spybot window it said "fixing ? problems".
After approx a minute (or what seemed a minute) it suddenly sprang to life with problems fixed. I dont know if it is a problem with the new version or that it just takes longer to perform the fix.

greywwolf 21:11 27 Nov 2004

Well usbuser, I will give it another go and then if I still have a problem I will uninstall and use only "adaware". Thank you all for your help.

My best regards,
Greywolf

cdb 21:15 27 Nov 2004

It might just be taking a while (especially if it's creating a system restore point) if there's alot of things to fix. Leave it for quite a while to see if it does fix them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires