spybot finding false positives of smitfraut-c?

p;3 11:22 10 Nov 2007

having run the spybot program since the recent update (and a variety of others just to be certain) if you have not yet run a test with the latest update from spybot and no one on this thread
click here

has reported problems ?

you may wish to be aware that smitfraut-c may well be flagged it up ,and a general google search demonstrates it seems to be a false positive.

A google search produced some interesting links
click here including some information you may wish to be aware of

BUT; from some of those links it appears that some who have deleted the 'infection' have then ,amongst other problems experienced, lost items in their add/remove programs section

hopefully at the next update next Wednesday this item will be 'fixed':))

sunny staines 11:32 10 Nov 2007

scanned ok in XP. Thanks for the info.

cocteau48 11:55 10 Nov 2007

I ran a scan after sunny staines reported an odd finding (not smitfraut) and everything came up clean- on XP.

VoG II 12:03 10 Nov 2007

Thanks for the warning but nothing found here.

sunny staines 12:04 10 Nov 2007

last wednesday update produced click here

p;3 12:18 10 Nov 2007

one of my concerns was to try to flag up the possible damage to computers that I found while googling for proof of this being a false positive

if you read some links within the links on the google search it gets worrying the effects that people have experienced in their attempts to remove this apparent 'threat' from their computers

and sunny staines; I overlooked your thread as the title does not highlight a Spybot issue but an apparent problem with windows drivers

p;3 14:16 14 Nov 2007

having taken on the new update for spybot 1.4 and run a full system scan I seem to be 'infection free'as far as spybot is concerned as the report now runs clean

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?