SpyAxe & SpyTrooper

7squadron 19:43 12 Dec 2005

Somehow SpyAxe & SpyTrooper have got through my McAfee firewall.
I have deleted the programmes in Add/Remove, and unticked them in the startup on msconfig, but they remain.
I have updted & scanned with Spybot, Ad-Aware & aol Spyware.
How can I get rid of them, & the irritating icons in the taskbar which keep popping up messages

VoG II 20:08 12 Dec 2005

click here

* It is necessary that you Close all other programs and windows including this one. So you should print or save these instruction locally in a text file for easy reference while offline.

* Double click on smitRem.exe and then click on Start. When it is done, click on the OK button. You should now have a folder called smitRem on your desktop.

* Next, please reboot your computer in Safe mode

* Once you have booted in Safe Mode and your Desktop appears, make sure you close any other windows and only run what is specified.

* Open the smitRem folder on your desktop and double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool.

* Follow the prompts on screen and wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

* When the tool is finished, it will will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or the partition where your operating system is installed. Examining that log should show that the infection was cleaned.

* Now reboot your computer into Normal Mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)