Spy Ware. Novice needs info.

passant 23:46 29 Jun 2004

I am running Spy Sweeper (paid for) and Ad Aware (free) Both seem to have removed all traces of Spy ware, but when I do a routine run, Spy sweeper reports all clear, whereas Ad Aware invariably reports attempts to hi jack the browser. Who, or what, wants to hi jack my browser - and why? Also why doesn't Spy Sweeper pick this up The shields are activated. I could ask Webroot, I suppose, but there is nearly always someone here who can explain in layman's terms for a novice user.

I use Mozilla browser. IE has not been deleted though. I run Windows ME

If it helps, it says Reg Data under TYPE and Data miner under CATEGORY. Many thanks.

johnnyrocker 23:50 29 Jun 2004

i would reccomend spy bot also which can be found on the downloads section of this site update it and run cos some miss what others find (clever scripting?)

johnny.

VoG II 23:52 29 Jun 2004

Relax! A data miner is simply trying to track where you have been on the internet.

Hijacking is more serious click here

passant 00:12 30 Jun 2004

Thanks Johnny and VoG. Having read the info to which I was directed I now have a clearer idea of what is involved.

spuds 00:20 30 Jun 2004

I use Adaware,SpyBot with Spyware Blaster. These make a very good combination and I would fully recommend these products. At present I have Spy Sweeper on trial as well, very impressed with the results so far. If you require further help/inf and various download links click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?