SPY DOCTOR MADESAFE INTERNET SECURITY SUITE

LANILASS 12:13 08 Nov 2005

After experiencing problems with spyware I have downloaded spydoctor. I am now looking to add MadeSafe Internet Security Suite. will this give me any more protection than spydoctor and if so will it conflict with Spydoctor. Has anyone used this and is it difficult to use. I previously had Norton but found too complicated. Had Bullguard on a trial when it finished I tried to load a 3 month trial I had with PCMagazine, it would not let me use. Is this because I had downloaded a 2 week trial already. I had deleted all other files so as not to causeany conflict, ANY IDEAS RE SECURITY OR ARE WE ALL TOO SECUTITY ORIENTATED WE DON'T NEED ALL THAT IT IS SAID WE DO.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:27 08 Nov 2005

All you need is an up to date AV (AVG, Avast), a firewall if you think you need one (Sygate) and MS Antispy. These are all free, there is no need for a home user to pay for any 'security' apps and paying for them does not mean that they are better. Lay off visitng Pr0n sites and refrain from clicking on 'vote for this site' ads and downloading browser 'helpers' and screensavers from commercial or dodgy sites.

Yes, there is a huuuuge and ridiculous amount of paranoia about spyware and hacking. I use AVG and MS Antispy. That is all + a bit of common sense.

G

961 13:17 08 Nov 2005

Gandalf is right. You don't need to pay. I wouldn't say it was a bad idea to install a second free antispy such as spywareblaster but the most important bit of his advice is the last sentence of his first paragraph

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:45 08 Nov 2005

Indeed....if I was to install another app. it would be Spywareblaster.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?