spurious attachments showing in OE

Dasmad 21:50 28 Feb 2007

Since discontinuing my Onspeed (internet speeder, supposedly ) programme, emails downloaded into Outlook Express show some sort of attachment which is not actually accessible. When I reinvigorated Onspeed the attachments disappeared, and when discontinued again they reappear. Having now deleted Onspeed completely the attachments still appear when downloaded but they don't appear on the webmail. so any ideas how to tidy this up...?

Gongoozler 17:08 01 Mar 2007

I don't know the answer, but if you can tell us the name of the attachment it might help.

Dasmad 12:32 27 Mar 2007

I'm sorry, Gongoozler, I haven't been checking my posts. There is actually no attachment when I open the emails, but it shows as the usual paperclip in the inbox view !

Greengage 15:58 27 Mar 2007

I think that what you are referring to is not an e-mail attachment. The sign looks like a paper clip but is not - I have read explanations for this in the past but cannot recall what it is. I get them all the time - not on every e-mail but on quite a lot.

Simsy 19:44 27 Mar 2007

antivirus, it might be the "certification" message...

click here

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Greengage 20:28 27 Mar 2007

That's what it is - thanks Simsy.

Dasmad 15:55 01 Jun 2008

hey, thanks a lot simsy.
I'm afraid I lost interest and didn't realise there were more posts on this subject........but that is clearly it !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone