Spool32.exe

prima12 19:49 07 May 2004

Hi all, I have searched through the past threads to try and find the answer to the problem I am having. I boot my PC, and more than likely get message 'Spool32 caused an invalid page fault in module SPOOL32.EXE at 016f:00402015', then a lot of letters and numbers. One solution posted was to download updated drivers from Epsons website, this I have done, but still it keeps recurring. I am assuming that Spool32.exe is part of the W98se OS, because I have tried to recover the file from the CD which it tells me it has done. If this fault is to do with the printer and not the OS, would it help if I can load the printer driver in 'Safe Mode'. This problem start for no reason some weeks ago. I have done scandisks and defrags regularly.

prima12 19:52 07 May 2004

Forgot to add that 9/10 times when I reboot it's OK

SANTOS7 19:54 07 May 2004

click here this should help, good luck

byfordr 19:54 07 May 2004

Have you got a printer?

click here ooo the power of google!

R

Curio 19:54 07 May 2004

Try a System File Check to see if you have any Corrupt files in Windows (Start, Run, SFC, Enter)
If that proves OK, Uninstall your Printer, Disconnect USB and Power cables, reconnect and reinstall the new drivers

prima12 21:28 07 May 2004

Thanks byfordr, found a couple of tips here. Will post with the outcome. P.

fsbb 09:49 08 May 2004

Had exactly same problem running Win 98 with Epson printer. I changed printer connection from USB to parallel port - this resolved the problem.

prima12 13:55 08 May 2004

I had already been using this printer for 6 months before the problem started. I did find this on Google, at click here - (When you open this page change the search criteria to Windows 95/98.) 82% Computing.Net - spool32 error message, help! Response Number 3
Name: Trevor Stynes
Date: April 09, 2002 at 10:23:25 Pacific
Subject: spool32 error message, help!

Reply:
Click on the "Start" button and click on "Run".
Type "SYSEDIT" and click "OK"

Go to the "WIN.INI" file and find the line that reads LOAD=

Type the following..."SPOOL32.EXE" (without the quotes) so that the complete line reads "LOAD=SPOOL32.EXE"

Save the file and reboot.
I've booted 4 times since I changed to this and so far no error message, I'll keep my fingers crossed

fsbb 20:42 08 May 2004

Good one Prima, did the same. Seems ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?