spoof email?

crespo 04:39 12 Jan 2007

Hiya.this is Crespao here.I've been checking my eamils tonight after work & come across this weird one.
It's from a donal butler who says the directors of MSN are closing down the Hotmail accounts of users due to abuse of services by same.However i can continue for £10 a month.Now i know this is scam since MSN wouldn't shut down Hotmail just like that.
But my other half is in the USA as part of her job.Hotmail is a significant way of us keeping in touch & i can't help but think something may be up.I've deleted the email by the way.
Anybody got any ideas on this one? Thanks.C.

Koochy 05:56 12 Jan 2007

I remember this one doing the rounds about 6 months ago and previous to that by approx 18 months, so if they haven't shut it down by now i don't think they ever will this is as you rightly say just a scam to try and get some money from you. You did the right thing by deleting it.

Koochy

stevelincsuk 07:41 12 Jan 2007

Load of crap, Ignore it, Was doing the rounds a while ago as mentioned by Koochy

^wave^ 08:28 12 Jan 2007

well same sort of thing had an email from barclays bank with a link asking for account details well thats gone into the trash can we report these any where

xania 08:55 12 Jan 2007

abuse@..... will normally find the corect location, or log on to their web-site click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?