Spell check language in Outlook Express

phil.smith 20:39 26 Jul 2007

I have just tried to spell check in Outlook Express but find that the language is set to French. When I click in Options to try to change it there is only French available. How can I change this to English?

xania 20:45 26 Jul 2007

Are any other programs affected (i.e. Word? Try changing your overall language setting. <Control Panel><Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options><Region and Language Options>. Make sure all entries (including advanced options, are all set to UK English.

phil.smith 21:13 26 Jul 2007

It appears that all are set to English (UK) but Outlook Express still says language is French!

lotvic 21:45 26 Jul 2007

If you are using Microsoft Office 2007 and Outlook Express 6 then it is a known problem click here

or click here
partial quote: ""OK, just been to Microsoft site. Apparently the reason my OE no longer supports English spell check is;
I recently upgraded my Office pakage to Office 2007. Because OE does not come with it's own spell checker it uses the spell checker in MS Word and if you don't have a MS word program at all you will have no spell check facility in OE at all.
Now, because I upgraded to Office 2007 the English, Spanish, and German languages in Office 2007 are not supported by OE 6
To get english spell checking back in OE you must download a third party spell check program and install it yourself, which is what I have just done, but it only uses English US.""

phil.smith 21:54 26 Jul 2007

Brilliant lotvic - many thanks or is it Merci!

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?