Speedtouch PC ADSL modem / sound conflicts!!

Rob-G 10:23 06 Mar 2005

Hello,
I used a Speedtouch USB for 2 years whilst I was on 512k and 1mbit services with pipex, but the day i got upgraded to 2meg the connection became highly unstable, so i bought a speedtouch pc internal pci device instead.
I fitted it and it worked fine, but it interferes with my sound card ! It makes the sound loop for a second or 2 at odd intervals , and then the modem will lose sync. With no sounds its fine.
I originally was using the AC97 onboard (realtek) audio, so i disabled that and fitted a soundblaster digital 4.1, to find the exact same thing happened!!
I've disabled hardware acceleration on the sound, and tried all steps inbetween, but i can see no reason for this happening !
Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:07 06 Mar 2005

What op system?

in device manager is the speed touch modem showing conflicts? is the sound card showing conflicts?

try changing soundcard IRQ to 7 rather than 5

Rob-G 18:35 06 Mar 2005

im on win xp home, i took the speedtouch pc out and set up a etec 3812 router/modem thinking this would solve all my problems, well almost... the sound now works just fine, but the connection drops at random intervals on the router !! so im at a differnt problem now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone