speedtouch modem

12bore 12:25 02 Aug 2009

I use speed touch to conect to internet but canot make a conection unles someone rings my phone or I remove and replace the reciever quickly

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:41 02 Aug 2009

Check / change your filters sounds as if one is faulty.
Remember you need a filter on every phone appliance.

baldydave 12:45 02 Aug 2009

Also remember to add/check filter on sky box telephone cable if you have sky,sometimes overlooked.

12bore 12:52 02 Aug 2009

Hi fruit bat I have tried changing the filters and have tried disconecting everything els but to no avail thanks baldydave I have no sky.

Poitier 13:25 02 Aug 2009

Hi,
The usual explanation for the situation that you describe that I have seen is that there is a high resistance connection somewhere and that the extra current of the phone is sufficient to bridge it.

baldydave 13:37 02 Aug 2009

Do you have interference on the line ie a sound like frying eggs?does it get worse after rain?
Is this a new connection or have you used the speedtouch for a while?

12bore 14:02 02 Aug 2009

Hi poitier
thanks for your input this was my theroy but bt have checked the line I have checked all the conections un th boxes and can find no faults there . Hi Baldy dave Ocasionly I get frying eggs on the phone it is not a new conection and I have been using speedtouch about 3 years with no problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?