Speedtouch 570 beginners help!

koe_182 13:32 09 Jan 2007

Hello, this is my first time visiting this great site and am looking for some help.

I just got a Thomson Speedtouch 570 wireless router/modem combo and having some real problems setting it up.

I've found the setup and user guides on the net but aint too sure what im supposed to do, i dont have any networking knowledge at all.

I usually use a speedtouch USB modem for connecting to BT broadband.

I managed to get the new router all connected up correctly. I then found on a website that i had to change the TCP/IP settings to the router IP addresses or something, is this correct?

Anyway, i managed to navigate to the router on 10.0.0.138 but still it wasnt allowing me on the internet.

When i used the install cd, it didnt seem to work right, sometimes it would detect my router, other times it wouldnt.

does anyone have any advice for a novice on setting one of these up manually without using the cd that came with it? maybe through CLI. AS there doesnt seem to be any options on the router page for setting up a connection...the dial in page is just blank.

Any help would be appriciated.

thanks

STREETWORK 22:14 13 Jan 2007

1. unplug the lot
2. uninstall all the software and drivers you installed
3. start again...
---------------------

1. Without plugging it the modem or switching it on disable windows firewall and any anti virus software running

2. Reinstall the software and drivers from the disk supplied.

3. Turn off the PC

4. Plug the modem in with the cable supplied and in the correct sockets

5. Turn on the modem

6. Wait, Wait, Wait (could take a while for windows to load the drivers and the connection to be established.

This should work, if not open control panel then open network connections. Select create new connection and follow the wizard.

Post back the results please...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?