Speedtouch 330 Modem Problems

Abbots 17:06 03 Oct 2007

Have just changed over from dial-up to Broadband and am having problems with the modem. Sometimes the modem starts up fine and Broadband connection is made, but other times I get a message saying the modem can't be detected. If I pull the modem connection out and put in in another USB port it will sometimes work again. It doesn't drop the signal once you're up and running on Broadband, it's the initial connecting when you start up. Any help would be much appreciated - thanks.

FreeCell 17:31 03 Oct 2007

Sounds like a USB problem. Look in Device Manager (Right-click on My Computer, select Hardware tab) and check that there are no yellow triangles against entries in the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

If so highlight right-click select uninstall and reboot PC to install component again.

Other possibility is the 330 driver. Latest release issued in April this year. If you are using an older one may be worth upgrading.
click here

spuds 19:50 03 Oct 2007

A number of questions.

Are you running USB1 or USB2

Are you connecting straight into a computer port or a hub device.

Is your computer 'fairly' old, with a 'fairly' old chipset motherboard.

When the problem starts, what are the USB and ADSL lights doing.

woodchip 20:19 03 Oct 2007

Try downloading the latest Drivers for the 330
click here

Stuartli 20:36 03 Oct 2007

I borrowed a mate's laptop (500MHz Celeron) recently and used it with a spare Speedtouch 330 after installing the latest drivers from the Thomson website:

click here

May be the same link as provided by FreeCell.

Delivered 6.5MB speed capability according to connection panel, although actual downloads and uploads didn't match my own modem router speeds.

The latest Thomson drivers include an "up to 8MB" patch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?