SpeedItUpExtreme messed my system up

Jan Cyrka 03:23 09 Oct 2006

I downloaded and ran this piece of software the other day against my better judgement. With so many positive comments I thought it would be okay.
However my PC seems to be running slower now! Programs take longer than usual to open.
I've uninstalled and tried a system restore but for some reason windows won't let me restore to the configuration I had previously.
Is there another piece of software that could 'undo' what Speeditupextreme has changed or some good software that could get me back up and running normally again?
I have Tuneup utilities which hasn't helped much.
Many thanks for any advice.
J

missjosy 07:37 09 Oct 2006

Jan.
My Pc appears to have speeded up a little.
But I will bump this, to see anyone else has had a problem similar to yours.

Andsome 09:00 09 Oct 2006

Do you not have a back up? I strongly recommend that you invest in a plug in hard drive and buy ACRONIS. Then having reinstalled or whatever it takes to get things back to normal, you can take a mirror image of everything on your computer, and revert back to this mirror image at any time you like. Meantime try running Crap Cleaner, and if you use XP, also run RegScrub XP. You will find both on Google, and they are free.

patsyanne 09:48 09 Oct 2006

Here is Acronis free till 17/10 ttp://click here

FatboySlim71 10:52 09 Oct 2006

I downloaded SpeedItUpExtreme on Saturday and I too have noticed an increase in speed, not a massive difference but an improvement never the less.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 09 Oct 2006

Uninstall SpeedItUpExtreme ,

run regscrubXP click here

run CCleaner click here

and see if it imoroves.

Freshui click here can be used to tweak your system.

Jan Cyrka 13:25 09 Oct 2006

Have run regscrubXP and ccleaner.
Currently using system mechanic to see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?