ON SPEED

sillysoo 15:50 10 Apr 2005

Hi, I am thinking of subscribing to on-speed, it's supposed to make your dial up speeds faster for £25.00 per year. I am using an orange data gprs/3G card on my laptop and it's supposed to work well with this as well. Has anyone here tried it. Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:55 10 Apr 2005

The search facility is your friend.........click here

G

Stuartli 17:37 10 Apr 2005

Key in OneSpeed into the search box on the left and you'll find out plenty of opinions about it.

If you are a Tiscali dialup subscriber, you can get a free version of a similar product from its website.

jack 17:59 10 Apr 2005

Also you can do a registry mod that does much the same if you are up to a little bit of regedit., that will do much the same, which ever ISP you are on.

take a peek at

click here

Starfox 18:21 10 Apr 2005

Does it work - in a fashion

What's the catch - your downloaded images/pages/whatever are pretty poor.

I got rid and got broadband instead,save your money.It didn't work for me yet others said it was o.k.

Buchan 35 21:57 10 Apr 2005

I`d hazard a guess that we who liked it(initially) live in areas where BB has`nt quite reached, although I`m sure that`ll be rectified soon, probably by May 5.

Buchan 35 22:02 10 Apr 2005

Listen to the others, and the threads they are pointing you at and take it all on board. I do not like OnSpeed any more and I feel that the service I`m getting from them is less than when I started with them, as do a lot of other forum members.

Starfox 22:11 10 Apr 2005

"I`d hazard a guess that we who liked it(initially) live in areas where BB has`nt quite reached, although I`m sure that`ll be rectified soon, probably by May 5. "

I would say that statement is 100% correct.

Scorpion2112 23:00 12 Apr 2005

I've been using onspeed since july last year. It works great but if you have the fastest speed setting then you lose quality in images. If you right click on the picture you want to view then click " show original image " it appears as new in seconds. Great if you only surf now and again but with broadband getting cheaper now, I'm changing over soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?