SPEECH RECOGNITION IN WORD XP

Lawrence-255466 02:20 17 Jan 2004

Can you help
how do you activate speech in Microsoft word so you can dictate a word Doc. I have completed the speech recognition setup in Control panel under Sound,Speech and Audio Devices but do not seem to have speech in the Tools box in the menu bar or in the notification area of the taskbar.
I am runing XPHome and Works Suite2003 as is my Bro/yet he is able to activate speech from his tool box in his menu bar.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION
OLIVER

Chegs ® 02:37 17 Jan 2004

Unless you are a yank,or able to do a perfect imitation of a yanks accent,I wouldn't bother with it.Get a "proper" speech recognition app like Dragon Naturally Speaking,or ViaVoice as I have used XP's version alongside both these speech to text apps,and it would have been faster typing it out manually due to me having to correct nearly every single word,character,etc but with DNS or ViaVoice,once trained and it was quiet(kids/tv,etc)I was getting 99% 1st go,requiring little corrections.

Chegs ® 02:51 17 Jan 2004

When I tried to install the Speech in Word(office XP)it asks me for the "PROPLUS.MSI" file,which is on the installation cd.If your Works Suite2003 installation is OEM(came pre-installed)chances are,you have a "cutdown" version of Word,which is missing this bit of Word on your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?