Speech Recognition Help

Speakersrock 18:27 15 Dec 2006

I though I would look into speech recognition, and I downloaded the Microsoft speech recognition engine 4.0, This installed fine, and worked fine. My computer later crashed, when i reboted it, The speech recognition had gone from the language bar and the Speech properties window, Altough it still showed as installed on My computer.
I have Reinstalled it scince, and also installed one of the Microsft Office 2002 professional cd. It is still not showing the speech recognition options in the language bar on in the Speech properties window.

Any ideas please?

kinger 21:44 15 Dec 2006

Have you uninstalled it or just re-installed it?

Sometimes you need to uninstall a program first, reboot the computer and then reinstall.

Create a restore point first as you can always go back to before it messed up and try again.

Switch off anti-virus while installing it and then back on after a re-boot of your computer.

Speakersrock 07:33 16 Dec 2006

Yes i did uninstall it, reboted, then re-installed and reboted again. But thanks for surgestion.

pcbobby 12:04 16 Dec 2006

I have no experience with the MS voice recognition facility, so I have no advice to offer on that matter.

However, I do have two (legal) boxed sets of voice recognition software gathering dust.

Dragon Naturally Speaking 6. Essentials.
click here

And ViaVoice release 10.
click here

They are not for sale, but I would consider letting one or other go in exchange for a donation to Guide Dogs for the Blind.

If this is of any interest to you, please click the yellow envelope on the top left, and send me an email

Speakersrock 13:20 16 Dec 2006

Hi,

Thanks for kind offer, but in my experience, I don't think this will be of any help to me.

Thanks anyway

Speakersrock

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?