Speckie and copy / paste not working in IE10

john bunyan 19:18 13 Aug 2013
Answered

This has happened before - (IE10 W7) - ie copy and paste and speckie not working. Last time I cured it by a system restore. This time a system restore failed. Both work in Chrome, so there appears to be a problem with IE10. I have run Malawarebytes - no problems. Could I install IE 10 over the top or should I uninstall / reinstall? Tried sfc/scannow with no result. Speckie underlines in red wrong spelling but does not offer a suggested correction. It works in e Mail.

Woolwell 20:59 13 Aug 2013

IE10 doesn't need Speckie as it has its own spell checker see enable spell-checker. It is probably not enabled by default.

Woolwell 21:16 13 Aug 2013
Answer

For copy and paste are you using the toolbar and edit and copy or paste or CTRL-C or CTRL-V?

Try IE10 without add-ons and see if copy and paste works.

john bunyan 21:18 13 Aug 2013

Woolwell

Thanks. In the end I looked up the problem (Copy/Paste) and used MS "Fixit" on my IE10. It now works; Not straightforward, as I got some weird while screens for while and had to re-enable my Avira live web protection. Spell check is working, whether Speckie or IE10 I am not sure, but all seems to be OK now. Still unsure what caused the problem. I did check with Malawarebytes etc as I had a phishing e mail today.

john bunyan 21:21 13 Aug 2013

Woolwell

Cross posts! I was using the mouse to highlight the word(s) - right click copy, then again to paste where needed. Works OK now.

john bunyan 21:23 13 Aug 2013

Also now using auto correct!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?