Special keyboard characters

  rezeeg 15:27 20 Jul 2006

When using special characters eg. è - alt 0232 works on my PC but not on my laptop.

Can anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong - is it something to do with the lack of number pad?

  VoG II 15:34 20 Jul 2006

You have to use the number pad. On your laptop you may have a NumLock key which will activate the numbered keypad - for example on mine with NumLock on J=1, K=2, L=3 (the numbers should be marked on the keys).

  rezeeg 15:57 20 Jul 2006

Thanks VoG™ - my laptop is the same as yours, but when I press NumLk I just lose the top of the IE window and am left with just the row of icons.

Letters jkl print as normal instead of 123.

  rezeeg 18:10 20 Jul 2006

Found it. I have to press Fn+NumLk to get the embedded number pad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?