Is this spec good?

Hetti 15:54 28 Mar 2010

Im thinking about buying a new PC and fancy quad core to try to be as futureproof as possible.
I dont know much about spec ect so thought I would ask here, I saw this PC on Ebay it is classed as a gaming PC
Item specifics - Desktop PCs
Chip Type: ATHLON X4 2.6GHZ Processor Speed: 5,400 MHz
Memory (RAM): 4,000 MB Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Brand: custom built Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW
Features: Graphics Card, Mouse, Network Card, Operating System, USB Condition: New

price is £349plus £25 p and p

bremner 16:00 28 Mar 2010

If this is new the at that price I would be very surprised if the graphics card was anything other than bog standard, incapable of playing the latest high end games at any decent resolution.

MarvintheAndroid 16:19 28 Mar 2010

I agree, the devil is in the detail and there isn't any. Can you post a link to the Ebay item number ?

Alternatively when looking for reliable budget systems I always recommend Novatech click here

This would be a much safer option, you can discuss your requirements with them on the phone before you buy and their after sales is bullet proof.

Marv

Hetti 16:29 28 Mar 2010

Here is the item number
The PC will not be used for high end gaming

ame 17:11 28 Mar 2010

A gaming pc without a dedicated graphics card? Maybe because the PSU doesn't have a dedicated graphics card power connector. What is the warranty worth do you think? Good luck.

Eargasm 17:19 28 Mar 2010

No sign of a seperate Graphics card, just onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150

click here

ame 17:25 28 Mar 2010

The psu only has an 80mm fan and no power rating, with limited connectors. I am always wary of people who write adverts in big, bold, colourful letters - especially if you don't know their address or competence / qualifications.

Hetti 18:07 28 Mar 2010

Thanks for all of your imput guys, i didnt know any of this, so Im glad I asked. The software that is included seems great too but I think I'll leave it alone.
I will look at Novatech and maybe Dell

OTT_B 18:12 28 Mar 2010

"I will look at Novatech and maybe Dell"

A wise move :)

ame 19:05 28 Mar 2010

Wise move - not all of his feedback is to do with pc's by the way (cars, shoes, downlighters, etc)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017