speakers work but wont play music on pc

nixter 16:54 03 May 2005

sorry im posting the same subject again because i accidentally ticked it as resolved but it isnt(oops).the problem is that i have somehow deleted or uninstalled my pc speakers.there is no icon for them anymore ,and i also might have installed windows three times over each other? i dont know much about computers so i would be very grateful if anyone could help me sort this thing out?sorry im just a poor confused woman on the edge!

Pooke100 17:02 03 May 2005

Did you figure what sound card you have from everest? I just read through your previous thread. What makes you think you installed windows three times over? and my next question what version of windows are you using?

I think you just need to install the sound drivers again.

Klof Ron 17:06 03 May 2005

Try this.......go to Start/programmes/DOS prompt at the flashing cursor type "Scanreg /Restore" without the qoutes, Note the space between the g & the / . This should give you a series of dates to reset the registry. Choose a date prior to the problem and restart the PC. Good luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:07 03 May 2005

click here

Sorry about the pun I couldn't resit it :0)

nixter 17:08 03 May 2005

i dont know how to use the everest thing properly-ive got it working but i dont know what to do with the reports? i using windows 98se....lastly, i did think i might of installled windows 3times because last time i looked(cant remember what i did now)i had three or more of quite a few of the same thing(usb devices)all with the yellow question marks next to them.. im sure im not making much sense here-sorry!

wee eddie 18:01 03 May 2005

Type of PC - Operating System - Amount of Ram - Hard Disk size - Graphics Card - also the devices with the aforesaid Yellow Markers.

There are plenty here you will talk you through your problem but no-one can start until there is that basic knowledge available.

Others will probably ask for supplementary information so that they can narrow down the problem.

martjc 19:40 03 May 2005

and some other devices too. If this is the case, once deleted the O/S may reinstall them automatically. Open control panel, device manager and any devices with yellow marker, right click them and remove.

martjc 19:41 03 May 2005

Open Control panel, system, device manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?