speakers will not turn on!

ReyesKing 22:20 30 Sep 2005

no power sign comes on i am baffled,can anyone help me?

Totally-braindead 22:21 30 Sep 2005

Could the fuse have blown in the mains cable?

Stuartli 22:24 30 Sep 2005

Try double clicking on the Volume icon in the Task bar and checking that nothing has been muted that shouldn't be or the sliders are turned down too far.

ReyesKing 22:26 30 Sep 2005

blown fuse is an opyion, the light on top of power- the power light will not light up even though it is plugged in and the computer is on. i am lost as to why this is. how can i check if its blown or not?

DieSse 00:40 01 Oct 2005

Do they have a seperate transformer for power?

Is it working? - If you have a test meter you can check it simply - if you don't, or don't know how, take it to a shop and they well check it for you.

Also look at the back of the speakers for a power switch.

Kev.Ifty 01:00 01 Oct 2005

To test if a fuse is working or not....

Swap it with one that you know is!

You can use a volt meter. Set it to the diod or resistor setting and connect the probes to each end of the suspect fuse, any reading other than '0' the fuse is working.... I think ;-)

GRFT 06:33 01 Oct 2005

Is the mains outlet you're connected to OK? Plug in a known good device to check. If that works then the speaker PSU is suspect (whether it's a separate one or built into one of the speakers.)Also check all connections are good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?