Speakers very quiet

alexgray104 16:09 20 Mar 2005

I have recently bought a second hand system from a friend and it came with a motherboard disc. I upgraded to Windows XP and now my speakers are very quiet. You can hear a whisper when they are turned up full, so the drivers are installed. Any one got any ideas ?????. Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 16:22 20 Mar 2005

Go into the control panel and sounds section and see if there are any settings that need changing.

IF no go, then click here
for Everest which will id the components and you may be able to get new drivers.

alan227 16:30 20 Mar 2005

Go to control panel / Sounds, speech & audio / Sounds & audio devices / Speaker volume and set them to high.
You can also click on the Advanced box (next to the speaker volume one) and check you have the right speaker set up and the performance.

If you click on the first advanced make sure nothing is muted and the slider controls are at least half way up

Stuartli 18:08 20 Mar 2005

Also that, if you have Windows Media Player or similar, that the volume control(s) have not been set lower inadvertently.

Stuartli 18:11 20 Mar 2005

Another possibility is the Volume Control mixer - double click on the Volume icon in the Notification bar, check that the sliders are set to maximum and that anything that shouldn't be muted is correct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone