Spanish XP to English version?

square eyes 11:45 06 Nov 2006

Hi there,

My Dad´s bought himself a brand-new pc and as he lives in Spain he thought it good idea to buy the Spanish version! Now he regrets that as everythings in spanish and just adds to fraustration in dealing with any problems.

Question is, can he change the language to English? He does have a recovery xp home disc in spanish) and i can reinstall if needed as long as i know that its possible to select english during xp setup. Im in spain at the moment and cant help with any issues due to the language.

Any ideas please

Thanks

Technotiger 12:07 06 Nov 2006

Hi, perhaps he can change the language in Start>Control Panel>Regional and Language.

As a matter of interest have a look at this then.
click here

Cheers

spuds 12:07 06 Nov 2006

Not completly sure on this, but it looks like the easy solution is to re-install XP, the select the language required. click here

Technotiger 13:17 06 Nov 2006

Hmmm ... looking at spuds response it seems a re-installation is required.

Daxsimus 13:22 06 Nov 2006

My dad had same problem in the end he bought an english version and installed that as he couldnt get it to change even after taking it back the the shop where he bought it and asking them to do it.

square eyes 18:06 06 Nov 2006

Thanks for all your replies, so the bottom line is, it seems that he would have to purchasse another XP which seems abit unfair if you already have it. I wont take the chance of reinstalling the OS to find i cant do it.

If anyone else has any brain storms please let me know thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?