Spam in Gmail

kimtrnc 12:48 19 Dec 2010

I have used Gmail for many years, downloading automatically to my in-box. Gmail has always very successfully retained any spam without me ever having to see it. ( I do monitor from time to time, but it is very rare for Gmail to get it wrong)

Recently, I have had to give up XP, reluctantly upgraded to Win 7 (which I hate, by the way!) and therefore could no longer use Outlook Express.

I have been forced to use Windows Live Mail - not a bad program, really, but now all Spam is coming down to my in-box, so that I have to manually delete loads of stuff. Admittedly Gmail do categorise it as Spam, but it does still arrive.

Solution, suggestions, please?

Who knows the solution - I am sure there is one!

gel 07:25 20 Dec 2010

Hi
Why have you given up on Gmail?
Regarding spam on gmail I know it deletes after 30 days but I look each day quickly to see if there are any emails which are not spam and then I delete all spam on a daily basis
gel

bremner 07:44 20 Dec 2010

In WLM is there a setting to automatically delete spam.

kimtrnc 10:41 20 Dec 2010

Gel - it used to be that I never even saw the spam, unless I wanted to go onto Gmail and check for myself. Now I get at least 30 spam messages per day, and then have to manually delete them.
I don't understand what is different

gel 12:06 20 Dec 2010

Hi
Perhaps the difference is that although I have Windows 7 I do not use WLM and only see Gmail direct
I have been using gmail about 6 years and the amount of spam in recent months has lessened , although I still get about 30 per day
gel

kimtrnc 10:15 02 Jan 2011

Still getting loads of spam emails. someone said there is a setting to ban these, but I can't find it, and it's maddening - when I was using OE I never even saw the spam. Must be some way of stopping it, surely?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017